With both Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) and Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP) capabilities, ThreatConnect unites intelligence, automation, orchestration and response to enable organizations to be more predictive, proactive and efficient. ThreatConnect creates a holistic view with all the essential elements needed for a security operations team in one central platform, in order to gather information on threats and assist with the decision-making process.
Loginsoft developed On-demand enrichment App used for creating Playbooks which automates handling of virtually any action an analyst would want to take. Every playbook starts when an event is triggered.
Loginsoft used ThreatConnect’s Exchange Framework to create this App. This Framework provides Built-in Python development to create an app, rather than having to spin up a development environment, dramatically reducing overhead. It is designed to run inside ThreatConnect, making it easier to create apps.
Loginsoft, a leading provider of cyber engineering services for Threat Intel Platform Companies has built the expertise in creating these Playbooks for ThreatConnect Users.
- 1. Solution Discovery:
- Loginsoft’s expertise in analyzing different Source Feed API endpoint responses to create a Solution Design Document with Indicators such as Domain, IP as per ThreatConnect’s design guidelines for On-Demand enrichment
- 2. Integration Development:
- Develop Re-usable Python based Playbook Application that can be used for On-Demand Enrichment
- This Python application will query the threat intelligence source endpoint based on the entity type (e.g. Domain, IP Address, Hash, URL and Email) selected by the user
- JSON response returned by the threat intelligence source is passed to other playbook components for further processing
- Complete Quality Assurance (QA) process
- Create User Documentation
- Package deliverables appropriately
- 3. Integration Vetting:
- Integration is submitted to the ThreatConnect Solutions team for vetting. This includes review of the integration architecture, implementation, quality assurance plan and limited functional testing of any deliverables by ThreatConnect Solutions team
- 4. Integration Release:
- Publish integration on ThreatConnect’s GitHub repository
Here is a look inside ThreatConnect Platform to configure the Playbook using Python Application that calls the SOURCE API Enrichment endpoints like Whois, Dynamic DNS and Passive DNS.
1. Create a new Playbook
2. Select Enrichment Type (e.g. Domain, IP Address, Hash, URL and Email)
3. Provide API Key for the Intelligence Source
4. Provide value for the selected Enrichment Type
Example: Playbook workflow diagram
For over 15 years, leading companies in Telecom, Cybersecurity, Healthcare, Finance, New Media and more have come to rely on Loginsoft as a trusted resource for technology talent. Whether Onsite, Offsite, or Offshore, we deliver.
Interested in our Solutions?
Let’s start a conversation.Connect Now